THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, July 26, 2010

So Much More than a Concert . . .


Last night Dave and I drove to Spartanburg to see Hillsong in concert. We got a sitter for the kids and enjoyed some time together, worshiping with thousands of other people! It was an awesome concert and spoke to me in such a special way. For weeks I had wondered why in the world the concert was on a Sunday night and it wasn't until we were there that I realized it was just all part of God's plan. Not only was it a great way to spend time with my husband and a good way to escape the house on the anniversary of mom's Homecoming, but I think I was meant to be there to hear this one song:


On that day when I see
All that You have for me
When I see You face to face
There surrounded by Your grace

All my fear is swept away
In the light of your embrace
When Your love is all I need
And forever I am free

Where the streets are made of gold
In Your presence healed and whole
Let the songs of heaven rise to you

NO WEEPING, NO HURT OR PAIN
NO SUFFERING YOU HOLD ME NOW
YOU HOLD ME NOW
NO DARKNESS NO SICK OR LAME
NO HIDING YOU HOLD ME NOW
YOU HOLD ME NOW

In this life I will stand
Through my joy and my pain
Knowing there's a greater day
There's a hope that never fails

It should be hard to feel sad when I think of mom in Heaven, without hurt, pain, or weeping. But I have to say it is hard . . . but, yes, Lord in this life I WILL stand through the joy and pain. For I know that there's a great day, there's a hope that never fails, a day when I'll see mom, hug mom, walk with mom hand in hand again.

Thanks to the friends who have prayed us through this year, to the ones who've called, e-mailed, sent cards and even delivered 30 roses (for the 30 precious years I had on earth with mom) that were waiting when we got back at 11:30 pm last night. See, God hand picked each of you and I am forever grateful . . . and I know my mom is too!


2 comments:

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

This song is beautiful. I'm so glad you were able to have a wonderful time at the concert. Still praying for you. . . .

laurie said...

I'm so glad you and Dave got to get away for such an amazing concert! God's timing is perfect and it sounds like you were so blessed. I love you friend!