THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Very Special Man


Saturday Dave and I celebrated our 6th anniversary! Our sweet friends the Grahams took our kids for the afternoon and we headed to dinner at Maggiano's. It was nice to just sit and talk without having to cut up food or continuously pick things up off of the floor. :) Although our first six years together have been amazing, I have to say that I never imagined we face all that we have so soon. God has definitely used Dave to get me through some super hard times. I'm so thankful for a godly husband who loves me just as I am . . . who supports me, listens to me, and enjoys having fun too. I can't wait to share lots more years with you baby!


Not only is Dave an amazing husband, he's also a terrific daddy! Today we have celebrated what an awesome dad he is too. We started the morning with chocolate chip pancakes, polished off leftovers from Maggiano's for lunch, had big fat real hamburgers on the grill for dinner, and finished the day off with Baskin Robbins sundaes and some cookie cake! WOW! Honestly, I have to say Dave is much better at parenting that I am. He somehow knows when to wait out the cries, when a no nap day is okay, and most of all, how to let the kids have fun. Savannah says to me yesterday after church "mama, you can go run your errands. Daddy and I can take care of ourselves." What she meant was mama please get out of here so we can make a big mess and have some fun! Ha! I love Dave even more just watching him in action with our two precious children. I think his Father's Day card says it best:

Whether it's putting shoes on little feet
or reading bedtime stories with all the right voices,
it's there~
your commitment to being the best dad you can be.
And that's just what you are
the best Dad ever!
Happy Father's Day, Dave!!
From one lucky mom and an especially lucky wife.

1 comment:

Anna Morrison said...

What a sweet post. The poem is extra special.

Miss you.