THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Friday, May 28, 2010

End of the School Year

Well, the school year has sadly come to an end. :( Savannah asks me almost daily "Mama, what are you going to do with me and Preston this summer?" I'm not sure what she has in mind, but I do know that we'll be joining the YMCA for a few months to enjoy the pool, we'll be taking advantage of our new sitter Ellery for a day every now and then, and we'll probably do a lot of nothing! So, to get the summer started (and to give Miss Chelle a break) we decided to have Sara over for a sleepover Thursday night. The girls had sooo much fun it was almost comical to watch them. Our neighbor Lena came over to play too and those girls ran and ran and ran some more. I thought when bed time came they'd collapse, but I guess there's always time for fun and games at a sleepover right?! They did make it to bed earlier than last time, but only beat that time by a few minutes.

This picture is of Savannah's first trip to ask Lena to play without mom or dad along. I'm not sure why, but this was a super huge deal to me. Now she's officially a big girl visiting the neighbors' houses like all of the school aged kids.

And then today, we said goodbye to Miss Karyn and Miss Peggy. These teachers have been the best we have ever had. They are the perfect balance of love and discipline. These women have loved our little Savannah even when she wasn't the most lovable and have taught her amazing things . . . all while wearing a smile every day. We've even adopted one of their sayings in our house: you get what you get and don't throw a fit. They'll definitely be missed!!


And at the end of the day, we celebrated Savannah's birthday at school. I always hated having a summer birthday because I never got to celebrate at school so we wanted to make sure Savannah had the chance for her friends to sing happy birthday before the end of the year. So I brought in iced cookies, they sang happy birthday, and I had one super happy child! Here's to a fun summer!!!

No comments: