THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

9 Months, A Sleepover, and Triples

This past Saturday Preston turned 9 months old! It's crazy to even think that he is almost a year old . . . I guess time really does fly the older you get. Anyway, we had his well visit today and as we thought, he is "thriving". His stats are still in the 75-90th percentile: Weight ~ 22 lbs 12 oz (smaller than I had measured so maybe there's hope for my weight too) and Length ~ 29 inches. Both of these measurements are smaller than Savannah at this age which makes me wonder how in the world I ever carried her around for almost a year! Preston is still doing the army crawl and refuses to sit now that he can get around. He's into EVERYTHING and loves to chew on shoes, yuck!

Now I just had to share some funnies from Savannah. Her friend Sara spent the night last night because Miss Chelle wanted to be at the hospital this morning when her dad had surgery. I agreed to let them sleep in the same room, but over an hour after we put them to bed I still heard talking and giggling. I have to admit it was sweet at first, but after the second time I went up there I had to lay down the law. I walked in and the first thing Savannah said is "my closet is a MESS!" that was quickly followed by "Sara did it, mama". Yeah right, Savannah. I'm sure she did it all by herself. Anyway, after cleaning up and putting them back in bed again, they finally were asleep by 10:30 pm!! Whew! I can't wait for the days when we have lots of giggling girls sleeping over! :)

After school today (God bless Miss Peggy and Miss Karyn) I decided that since I had 3 kids with me, it was the perfect time to do TRIPLES at Harris Teeter. I had a list and did so well they actually paid me $.14 to take 3 bags of groceries from the store. Maybe they just wanted me to get my 3 kids and get the heck out of there, but who cares. I did great! Woo hoo!! I have more coupons that I thought . . . back tomorrow for trip 3!

2 comments:

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

WOW! That's great! I've made 2 trips and saved quite a bit, but not like I do with Super Doubles. Glad the girls finally got to bed! Hope you got enough sleep!

Chelle said...

You are a saint! I didn't realize you were cleaning up closets at 10:00 at night....makes you glad we don't have twins!