THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gifts of Time

I am a firm believer in that there are no coincidences, that God is in complete control of every. single. thing! Today proved to be no exception. Over Christmas we discovered a "bump" in Savannah's scalp that we thought was a mole. After a quick trip to our pediatrician we were referred to a dermatologist with a diagnosis of a small hemangioma, not an emergency, but definitely something we needed to get checked out. Long story short, today was the appointment and I planned to pick her up from school, run 2 errands and then head to Ft. Mill with Preston in tow for Savannah's appointment. However, in my rush to gather everything I needed for the errands, school, etc I managed to forget Preston's milk . . . which I realized once we were in SC and Preston was screaming his head off! Thank God that today just happened to be the day that Aunt Cherry wanted to come and visit. She called this morning and wanted to stop by to visit the kids. After a little thought she decided to tag along to the appointment, which was a huge gift of her time to give up the entire afternoon for us. I honestly could not have made it without her. She kept a very hungry Preston occupied in the lobby while I sat with Savannah getting her bump removed. (As a side not, she did awesome and didn't even cry!) There is no doubt that God knew I couldn't possibly handle what I had planned, trying to hold a hungry infant and nurture a toddler getting shots to the scalp, so He sent us a helper who just happened to be willing to lend a hand today.

Anyway, Cherry and I talked today about gifts and how some of the best gifts are simply gifts of time. (She was actually talking about the labor intensive making ravioli by hand, but I'm talking about just plain time!) Now I'm not saying the gifts we received weren't awesome, because honestly I'm ADDICTED to our new Wii fit, but how thankful I am for her willingness to give us such a special gift today, her time!

No comments: