THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful

I cannot believe Thanksgiving has come and gone already! Is it really almost December?! We've done a lot of travelling since Thursday, but have enjoyed spending time with almost all of our family. On Thursday we travelled to Greenville and had Thanksgiving with Dave's family. We had a feast and enjoyed spending time with the Weningers (Dave's brother in law's family). I was busy keeping up with Savannah and trying to keep Preston happy so I totally forgot to take the annual family picture! :( Then today we ventured to Burlington to have Thanksgiving with my side of the family. Of course there was yet another feast, which Deborah cooked all herself! YUMMY! Here are a few pictures from today..

Reflecting back over this year has made me realize just how much we have to be thankful for. Yes, it's been hard, but I'm so thankful for the journey. It's amazing to see how God has changed me and has really drawn me closer to Him throughout the year. That in itself is plenty to be thankful for, but we have oh so much more to give thanks for this Thanksgiving. I'll be the first to say that it's been different and definitely sad at times, but I could never express how thankful I am for all of the blessings . . . for an amazing husband who has walked me through this past year, two happy and healthy children, a loving family both near and far, my sitting shivah friends from Bible study, friends from high school and college that still stay in touch, a church home, great neighbors and the list could go on and on.

I also have to say that I'm thankful to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that my mom is healthy, happy, and loving life at the feet of Jesus. Thank you Lord for the assurance that one day soon I'll see her again and be able to live with her forever. Oh what a reminder it is not to take one single day for granted here on earth . . . and to be ever so thankful for each day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we really enjoyed our time with you all on saturday. i also feel so blessed by all that GOD has given me in my life. we are looking forward to spending Christmas in charlotte and seeing all of you
ps. your grandma helped with the cooking, i couldn't have done it all myself. love ya'll see ya soon dad/deb