THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Past, Present, and Future

PAST

This past weekend was yet another example of just how in control God is!! Long story short, we put our car on Craig's list last Sunday afternoon and by Friday it was sold. Although we didn't get exactly what we wanted, it was a done deal, cash in hand by Saturday morning. Our "new" van arrived Monday afternoon so not once did we have to juggle 3 cars or go without enough cars! Woo hoo! So, on Saturday we said good bye to my car. ;( I didn't think it would be such a sad experience, but I really loved that car. After all, it did bring both of my babies home from the hospital for the first time.





Then, I headed off to Burlington, alone, to say goodbye to mom's house. It was a haven for me and my brother for so many years and for lots of our friends as well. I have lots of special memories there that will never go away, but I finally decided it was only healthy for me to go one last time and say good bye.

PRESENT

I am loving life. Okay, well loving my babies and learning to tolerate the mess is a better way to put it. Is Preston cute or what?! He is doing SO much better on his new formula . . . still not sleeping through the night (or even close) but a lot less fussy! Nothing warms my heart more than seeing him laugh and smile, which he does frequently.

It's also Dave's birthday today!!! Happy Birthday baby! I am so thankful for a husband that has stuck by my side through the craziness of life. I couldn't have made it through these past few months without him. Although I won't disclose his age, let's just say he's now closer to 40 than 30. We're planning to have a "nice" birthday dinner at the ever-so-kid-friendly Red Robin and then will open some presents later tonight.

FUTURE

Hallelujah, school started for Savannah today!! Our future is looking much brighter and better for everyone now that school is back in session. No more downtown for this little girl, she in the "upstairs school" now! Savannah had a great day with her new teachers and friends.

7 comments:

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

I was singing the Hallelujah chorus this morning as well! I am so thankful for Wee School! I'm lovin our new Fall schedule already!

Donna said...

Funny post! I love the new car! I was so excited to see you getting out of your new minivan today:) Good for you!!

Sorry about saying goodbye to your mom's house, but I"m glad you went to see it one last time. You'll never regret doing that.

Preston is ADORABLE with that little pose of his:) How sweet! And Savannah looks so happy to be going to her big girl class. I know what you mean, I was excited today, too!!

Chelle said...

Savannah looks about as thrilled at having her picture made as Sara was! I'm so glad things are looking better for you. You've had some rough days recently...you deserve a break!

laurie said...

I'm sure it was an emotional weekend, but that is so cool how God took care of all the details. Preston is so CUTE!! Embrace the mess for the next...um....years!

Nancy said...

LOVE the pic of you saying buy to your car. Minivans are the best thing when it comes to having small children.

I will fast forward your milestone to earlier this year when we said goodbye to my minivan - I can't really say I was sad, I just had some sweet memories of a time with an infant seat and a car seat in there at the same time, then 2 car seats, then a booster seat and a car seat and then just the booster seat (when Jere aged/weighted out of having to use a booster)

TIME FLIES!!

Jessica said...

I know you probably had a pretty hard weekend. It is good to finally have closure on things though. Congrats on your new car! I was also so excited for Caleb to start school on Tuesday. He was too!

Yes, Preston is a cutie! So glad to hear that he is doing better on his new formula.

Sherri said...

Life really is all about those milestones, isn't it? Before you know it, you'll be like me on the first day of WEE School - crying because it's your last year there.

Witnessing your strength these last few months Chrystal has been an example of God's presence in your life and those around you. He will continue to be with you in the months ahead. I am so proud of you, and look forward to seeing what great things he has in store for you and your family.

p.s. you look great in the new car!