THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, August 24, 2009

My Two New Favorites


Well, after Preston's appointment last week where Dr. Baker assured me it was okay to put him in the jogging stroller I've been itching to get out and run with the two kids! I know, I'm crazy, but ever since last October when my doctor discovered the cyst and I was told that I couldn't run, I've been envious of people out running, especially ones jogging with children. So, today I got out the awesome new stroller (my first new favorite thing) that my dad gave us as a baby gift, loaded up the two kids, grabbed my new muzzle mace, a pacifier, burp rag, house key, and cell phone and off we went! I was amazed at how far I actually made it jogging with 2 kids, but this stroller is incredible! I actually think that it's easier to push than our single jogger was with one kid. I only made it a little shy of 18 minutes because these hills are going to take some getting used to again, but I was excited to be able to make it that far. Preston LOVED riding not being so strapped down and of course Savannah loved being right beside of Preston. Christy, Laura, and Elizabeth get out those strollers because I'm ready for some nice runs once it's cooler out!

Since now I officially have no excuse to avoid exercise, I've decided to start my diet back. I have felt just awful lately and really want to get this baby weight plus a good extra 25 pounds off so today is the day. It's going to be hard to be good with Dave's birthday coming up, but I have to remember that moderation is the key! Above is a picture of my second favorite thing, Nestle Pure Life Water with a splash of fruit. I only bought it because is was B1G1 at Harris Teeter a few weeks ago and I had a .75 coupon that tripled, but it is super delicious. Every diet goes much better with lots of water, so this will be a regular in our house from now on!

6 comments:

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

YAY for your run! I've actually been just walking a lot since it's been so hot out but let me know when you'd like to go for a walk/run. Cute jogging stoller too! I know you are excited to have that!

Sherri said...

You are the woman! Good for you getting out there running again. That stroller looks great!

Anna Morrison said...

So cute. I love hearing about the occasional mention of triple coupons! :) Always make me giggle, Ms. Thrifty.

I am proud of you for getting out with your kids and taking that stroller for a ride. Way to go!

Cheering you on . . .

Marie said...

Aah, the run . . . how I miss it! I too am totally envious of everyone I see running! I've even had dreams during my pregnancy of me running in races again! I LOVE the jogger . . . what brand did you get? That is so awesome that Preston enjoyed it so much! How tiny he looks in that thing, but he really is, for now!

Donna said...

I know you were so excited to start exercising again so I'm happy for you! Cute jogger and cute kids in the jogger!

Nancy said...

Way to go! I'm so impressed!