THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Birthday 2009

Well, today was officially my birthday. Dave tried so hard to make it a super special day starting last night when he offered to take the couch for the nighttime shift with little P. I refused to let him since I knew he had a long day at work today. Then he offered to get breakfast for us at Chick fil A, but knowing that we were eating out tonight I just didn't want to overdo it. However, he did surprise me with a pedicure gift certificate, a CD that I had been wanting, balloons, and a Ben and Jerrys ice cream cake. Yummy!! He is such a wonderful husband!

The morning started off pretty rough with my emergency trip to the eye doctor. My eyes have been bothering me for some time and by yesterday evening it was to the point of severe pain just opening them, not to mention extreme sensitivity to light. The verdict was double cornea infections . . . which means no contacts for probably a month. I'm going to die wearing these glasses for so long!!!

After that we made a quick run to Harris Teeter to do another triples load and then headed home. It took me quite awhile to explain to Savannah that we weren't having a birthday party. I guess she thinks that's what you do because she just didn't understand how we were going to have cake and no party. I finally just had to tell her that I was slap to old to have my own party!

After the kids were down for their naps, my precious neighbor Marlene came over and sat with them while I went for a much needed massage. It was heavenly! The ladies in the neighborhood had taken up money and bought me a gift certificate for a massage and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

I did have quite an emotional day with realizing that I would not receive a call from mom. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but it really was. I had lots of other birthday wishes, calls, e-mails and cards, even flowers delivered from my sweet friend Lisa, but nothing is like hearing your own mother's voice singing Happy Birthday. I can only hope she was singing from Heaven.

We wrapped up the evening with a birthday dinner at Red Robin and ice cream cake at home. Preston was extra good today and Savannah was a huge helper too. Thanks kiddos! Here are a few pictures from our celebrations . . .




Aren't they adorable!!

Preston eyeing my cake . . . not this year buddy, maybe next time.

Savannah loved eating (and wearing) mommy's cake!

2 comments:

Donna said...

I'm so glad the day went well, minus the eye infections:( I hope they heal up quickly.

The pictures are so cute! Preston is looking just like you I think! And Savannah is SO sweet. I love how long her hair is getting:)

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

Awww. Happy Birthday Chrystal! I hope it was a great one! Thanks for the info about the photographer!