THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Prayers for My Mom

As most of you know, we just found out on Sunday that my mom was diagnosed with stomach cancer late last week. She saw the oncologist yesterday and really still has limited information. All we know is the the tumor is in the middle 1/3 of her stomach and that 3 months of chemotherapy is a must. She will meet with a surgical oncologist hopefully next week to determine if surgery is an option before or after chemo. Please pray for her during this time. Pray for a sense of peace, that the scan on Tuesday will reveal that the cancer has not spread anywhere else, and that the doctors will make the best decisions about her treatment and care.

5 comments:

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

Oh my gosh. Chrystal I'm so sorry! Where is your Mom at? Know that we'll be praying for her,the upcoming scan, and that it hasn't spread. Cancer is scary but there are so many treatment options these days. Chemo sounds yucky but 3 months is usually the least amount of time that they prescribe it, which is probably really good...... Keep us posted and we'll be lifting her up!

Nancy said...

I did not know about your mom. I will be praying for her. Please let me know if I can help you.

Heather said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I will be praying for all of you! Lots of love to you:)

Donna said...

Your mom is in our prayers. So are you:)

Sherri said...

Chrystal I am sorry to hear about your mom. I will be praying for her and your family.