THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, April 06, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Well, Dave and I arrived home around 12:30 yesterday and Savannah acted like she could have cared less! Honestly, it hurt a little to think that she didn't miss us that much, but oh how thankful I am that she had a swell time while we were gone. We came home and found a neat and tidy house with not only the dishwasher running, but the laundry in the dryer too!! My friend Heather and her husband Dave were awesome with her! So now here's the dilemma . . . what do we do for them? I wanted to send a check, but my Dave said that wasn't a good idea. Any suggestions??

I do have to say that Savannah is in a bit of a pickle trying to readjust to us being back. Last night was R.O.U.G.H. Dave ended up putting her in the bed with me when he got up around 5 this morning, which we have never had to do before. Hopefully tonight will go more smoothly! It's still always good to be home sweet home.

4 comments:

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

Glad you had a good time and that Savannah did well! For Heather and Dave- I agree, no check if they are good friends, but maybe a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant with a thoughtful card.

Jen Currin said...

Yay! I am glad that you guys enjoyed your trip! I have to leave Jack for the first time this summer, and I am worried about that trip. YIKES!

I agree with Christian; I would get them a restaurant gift card as a thank you.

Donna said...

I'm SO glad you were able to get away and enjoy some time with just the two of you:)

Yes, I would definitely do a nice gift card to a nice restaurant. That's what we normally do when friends watch our kids and we know they won't take money.

Tell Tiger Dave, good job on the race!!

Nancy said...

SO glad yall had a good getaway! Re-entry is tough!!

For your friends who kept Savannah I would do a gift card to a yummy restaurant (can you tell I'm hungry!!)