THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

After making another few trips to Harris Teeter I've decided to call it quits until the end of this week when new sales start. I didn't do too bad considering that I bought over 3.5 pounds of chicken, a roast, diapers (for the baby on the way), taco shells for our entire Sunday school class (for tonight's social), all of our regular produce and milk too . . . all for a grand total of $57.84 with a savings total of $348.61!! That's an 86% savings!!!!! So now that we're fully stocked, again, it's time to live off the surplus.

On Saturday morning I headed over to Carmel where they had an awesome brunch for expecting moms. I was originally supposed to be a table leader, but had to back out when I realized that it was scheduled on the same day as our niece Madison's birthday party. They had great door prizes and a speaker too, which unfortunately I didn't get to hear since we had to head out for Mebane. So off we went in the pouring down rain to Mebane for the princess and pirate party. Savannah loved seeing a real princess and sat still for the longest time just having her read stories from the princess books.




Savannah was in awe and so was Dillon!


Maddie, the birthday princess

While at the party, I had Savannah tell her Pawpaw what she has been telling me she wants for her birthday, a tricycle or bicycle. Well wouldn't you know that Pawpaw just happened to have one of each that he wanted to get rid of!!! Happy day! So we met him on the way home and picked up a like new tricycle and bicycle for little Savannah. She and Dave are out now trying to give them a spin . . . I think it's going to take a little time to get the hang of pedaling! :)

Savannah also racked up lots of goodies from her granny. She played with a pig flashlight, bunny on a tricycle, and kept asking for jelly beans the entire way home.

We even made a stop in High Point to visit Aunt Cherry at the furniture store on our way home. I wanted to check on a couple of things for Savannah's new big girl room and of course Aunt Cherry never passes up an opportunity to show off Savannah! Somehow we ended up with yet another gift for Savannah, this big bear that she fell in love with at the store.


Now we're off to another birthday party, this one for sweet baby Jake who is turning one! Then, hopefully we can squeeze in a nap for Savannah before heading to our Sunday school class Mexican fiesta party this afternoon. Whew, it's been a crazy weekend already!


HAPPY SPRING!!!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Oh my goodness! You did GREAT at HT! You were a busy girl this weekend! I bet you're tired.

What a cool idea your sister-in-law had with having Belle read stories at the party! I bet the girls loved it:) Oh, and I love Savannah's cute outfit! It looks great on her!

Jessica said...

Girl, you have been busy! I bet you are happy this weekend is over. You have done great at HT this week. I would call it quits too if I were you! I love the picture of Savannah with her new teddy bear. She looks beautiful with her little pink cheeks!

Dawn said...

Such a cute party! Savannah is adorable. Will you please come shopping with me at HT next time? I thought I was doing great to save $40!!! You are amazing!