THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Update

Things have been insane around here! With trying to figure out surgery plans, finishing the Christmas shopping and cards, entertaining a toddler with bronchitis, and trying to keep myself from eating another entire bag of Cheetos I've been going non-stop! I thought I had all of the shopping done last week, but then Dave reminded me that he needed to get gifts for his employees. Thankfully I wrapped up every last bit of shopping this past Sunday and finished wrapping the last gift for Savannah (not including Santa) today as it was delivered yesterday! So with 45 presents under our tree, we're D.O.N.E.!!!

This isn't the greatest picture, but I continue my philosophy of not needing a tree skirt with so many presents! That's a lot of shopping and wrapping!

Dave has been a huge help these past few weeks. Although being quite overwhelmed at work, he has continued to come home each night and just take over with Savannah after dinner. He has also been in charge of our elf's travels. Here is the latest location. Savannah enjoys finding him each morning, although sometimes he does forget to move.

On the baby front, I've actually started to feel better. :) Yesterday was so beautiful here in Charlotte so Savannah and I took advantage of the weather and went for a long walk. I guess I've been on the treadmill too long and forgot how hilly our neighborhood is . . . plus that I'm pregnant so last night my calves were quite sore. At least I got a good workout! Then this morning my arms were throbbing from doing over an hour of raking yesterday too. Savannah wanted to play outside so I had to make use of that time by doing some much needed yard work. It was an awesome day and today is almost just as warm!! I went walking at 6:30 in shorts and short sleeves this morning. Craziness.

Well, I'm off to make use of the rest of my WEE school time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're tree is beautiful!
Where did the elf idea come from?
I love it!
I'm so glad you are feeling better.
I know we talked today, but I still love your blog with pictures.
Love you bunches,
Mom

Donna said...

Wow! You have been busy!!! Your tree does look beautiful and I can't believe you have 45 presents under there!!! Has Savannah tried to get into any of the presents?

Sometimes I forget to move our elf, too:) I have to have Roy keep Caroline upstairs some mornings so I can sneak downstairs and move Jingles!!

Anonymous said...

i know savannah loves the tree with all the presents! now that you have all the shopping done you can relax and really enjoy christmas. sorry to hear savannah isn't feeling well, hope she's better soon. see ya' in a week! love ya'll dad/deb