THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Savannah's First Show

Here we are waiting for the show to start!

She's totally mesmerized!

Several months ago Dave and I decided to take advantage of a buy one get one free ticket offer that my sweet friend Julie e-mailed me. It was for the Disney on Ice show, opening night only. We decided to take Savannah and see how she reacted. After all, if she cried or couldn't make it through the entire show it wouldn't be a big monetary loss.

It was a royal day for our little princess. She got to wear her red sparkley shoes, ride the train (Lynx - Charlotte's light rail), eat at Chick fil A, and then go to the princess show. All day she kept telling everyone we saw that she was going to the princess show. Too cute! We finally arrived uptown and the arena was a bit much for her. She wanted to be held the entire time as the hustle and bustle of people combined with the loud music was quite overwhelming to her. Once we finally got to our seats we had to wait a long time as they had some technical issues. However, once the show started she was completely still, in awe of everything she was seeing. It was priceless to see her be so into the show. . . well until The Lion King part. She got pretty squiggly during that as there were no princesses. We ended up leaving early just because it was sooooo late and she had school today, but overall we all had a fabulous time.

I do have to share the highlight of my night. When Ariel from The Little Mermaid came out, Savannah's first response was "Mommy, the princess have no shirt." Obviously we haven't watched the Little Mermaid. Dave was quick to tell her that at our house princesses do wear shirts! :)

3 comments:

Donna said...

hahaha! I love the ariel story! That is hilarious! Hmmmm, Ariel is Caroline's favorite.

I'm glad you had fun. Next time they come to Charlotte, I need to take Caroline.

Heather said...

I am glad you were able to do that. I will have to check and see if it comes near us to take Aubrey.

Lorie said...

That's so crazy! We're going tomorrow night. We're so excited. I'm glad to hear that Savannah had so much fun.