THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Play Dough


Not too long ago when Dave and I first started teaching Sunday school to children at church we were told that we needed to MAKE the play dough that we used in class. They made it easy by providing the ingredients and the recipe, but it just seemed odd to me . . . to make play dough?! Well, today when I dropped Savannah off for school, the teacher had lots of ziploc bags at the door with a sign asking parents to make play dough. Thinking she was asking every parent to make it, I quickly took my bag and headed out the door. All the time thinking, what am I doing?? I have a million other things to do today and I just volunteered to make play dough! I started to return my bag of ingredients as she didn't need 12 volunteers, but decided that it might be a bit tacky. So, I turned it into a afternoon activity . . . with my little chef by my side we did it! I actually made play dough. Praise the Lord I was the one that picked up the RED request because that is the only food color that I had in the house!

5 comments:

Heather said...

How fun! I know Savannah loved it. I am totally with you on getting myself into too much. I went to the PTO meeting tonight and was trying very hard not to volunteer for too much. It was hard to do, but I walked out of there only signing up to volunteer with family events.

Anonymous said...

and what pretty play dough it is! savannah will remember making the red one when she uses it at school, can you hear her saying "mommy and me made this" too cute! if you think it gets easier as they get in higher grades -- it won't, as a former teacher i can see you volunteering for things no one else wants- lol
when are we getting another baby - we're ready ;) xoxo dad/deb

Nancy said...

You are such a great parent! I bet the teachers are going to love you!

Melissa said...

I love that you made play dough for your daughter's class. Maybe I should ask my parents to make it! I make it all the time so much that I have the recipe memorized. I do like it more than the bought stuff as far as the texture goes, but it doesn't smell near as good as the bought stuff.
Your teacher will love you for it!

Donna said...

thanks for reminding me. I have to make it for Caroline's class, too, and I forgot until I saw this post!! I'm glad you had fun making it.