THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Much, Much Fun


I'm almost afraid to brag about this, but yesterday just as my student arrived for tutoring Savannah woke up from her nap, screaming. I just knew that meant she was going to sit in front of the TV for an hour while I tutored, but amazingly enough, she played in the living room the entire time and never once even came to bother me or ask for the TV to be turned on.

I decided to test my luck again today when she had her best buddy Jack over to play. They immediately started playing in the living room and so I left them to do some work on the computer. I heard many laughs and "conversations" so I knew that they were safe and having a swell time. This is a picture of what I found when I went to give them a snack. Before becoming a mom this would be a disaster, now it just means that two toddlers have had a blast! I'm thoroughly enjoying Savannah's new found independence and am learning to deal with the mess.

4 comments:

Donna said...

That's good that she can occupy herself and play alone! Funny picture:)

Anna Morrison said...

bravo chrystal! i am learning this over and over. messes usually mean fun. :)

Anonymous said...

yippee! you've come a long way baby! and all it took was a sweet 2 year old to teach you not to sweat the small stuff!
good job savannah! and you too "mom" xoxo dad/deb

Anonymous said...

"Alone play"- the sweetest words any toddler's mom has ever heard.