THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, August 04, 2008

25 Random Things About Me

Okay, this seems to be the new blogging thing to do so here we go. 25 Random things about me that you could probably live without knowing!


1) I currently hold a NC Life and Health Insurance license. It was awful going through the class and state exam, but I did it and am determined to keep the continuing education credits current!


2) I have been in at least 6 car accidents, probably more that I can't remember. Two cars of mine have been totaled!


3) I love multitasking. It makes me happy to have the dishwasher and washing machine running while I'm sending an e-mail!


4) I was offered my teaching job after just talking with the principal. I had not applied or even given her a resume!


5) I worked as a bank teller for 8 years during college and in the summers while teaching.


6) Before Savannah, I wanted 3 kids . . . now I'm still trying to convince myself that I can possibly handle two!


7) Dave and I met and were married at our current church, Carmel Baptist.


8) I get a huge rush over saving money, especially at the grocery store. To date we've averaged $48/week on groceries for our family of 3!


9) The Math Counts team that I coached the year I was pregnant made it to state level competition after coming in first in the region . . . I had a way of making those kids LOVE math as much as I did.


10) I seem to have this gift of dreaming people are pregnant before they know it or right after they find out. I'll let you know if I have a dream!


11) I despise cooking. Partly because it makes a mess in the kitchen, but mostly because I'm just plain bad at it and have no creativity. Thankfully Dave isn't a picky eater!


12) I was forced to take piano lessons as a child and hated every second of it.


13) When I was a freshman in high school my geometry teacher paid me to grade all of her final exams over my Christmas break.


14) I also despise the dentist. I would rather go for a full physical with blood work than go to the dentist!


15) I never drink coffee or tea. YUCK!


16) I loved Appalachian so much that I decided to stay for graduate school. I crammed my Masters degree into one year and one summer while working 20+ hours at BB&T and a 20 hour assistantship each week. (There's the multi tasking ability again.)


17) I survived four years of college without a computer of my own. My mom bought me one when I started graduate school.


18) Some of my fondest childhood memories are spending Friday night at Grandma and Pawpaw Page's house watching the race cars go up the road to the Friday night race and then watching Hee Haw on TV while eating saltine crackers and peanut butter.


19) I love family reunions! What a great tradition and fun way to catch up with family members.


20) I would love to take shag lessons someday.


21) Until recently, I could not swim.


22) I work out 6 days a week and hate most of it! I do it to stay "healthy".


23) I have zero creativity and hate making decisions of any kind!


24) I never wanted to live in a big city. Just the thought of having to get on a highway to get anywhere scared me to death . . . look how things changed!


25) I live with a to do list! I always have at least one list of things to do and constantly cross things off after I do them. It makes me feel good to mark things off the list. I've learned that Dave hates lists. I also have two calendars to make sure I don't miss or forget something important.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Awesome list! I'm with you on the Dentist and I wish I were with you on the $48/week groceries!

Donna said...

YEA!! ANother 25 List! I love reading these. Yes, Chrystal is gifted with her pregnancy dreams. So far I think she has been correct each time. When she dreamed it about me, my face (total shock) gave it away!!

I did not know you have your masters. Way to go, smarty pants!!