THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, June 05, 2008

In Preparation

As most of you know, we are taking Savannah to an allergist next week. This is great news in that maybe we can finally get an answer to what will heal her never ending cough. However, the bad part is that she has to go without any antihistamine or even Benadryl for five days before the visit! So, as Savannah has continued to improve this week I thought I'd give it a trial run last night and put her to bed without any medicine. Although it took her much longer to go to sleep, she made it through the night without getting us up. She did have one little crying/coughing spell, but it was short so I didn't have to go into her room. Whew. Today we will start the day without the Benadryl and see how she does all day long. I guess the hot weather is a blessing as I won't feel quite as bad about keeping her inside away from the heat and seasonal ick. We are trying to be creative in finding new things to do as I still don't want her in front of the TV all day. Please pray that we make it until Tuesday without any medicine.

No comments: