THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Friday, April 18, 2008

The Haircut


Yesterday I decided that I was going to take Savannah for a haircut. Her hair had gotten quite shabby since mom last cut it and I knew it was going to be a month before we saw "Gee" (as Savannah has started calling my mom) again. Several of my friends had raved about this one little salon in Ballantyne, Doolittles, that caters to children so I thought I'd give it a try. I have say that the atmosphere was great and Savannah loved watching Dora while she got her hair cut. She didn't care for the spray water or hair dryer, but sat quite still in the red race car for the lady to cut her hair. I was so proud!! Anyway, after it was finished (a total of about 5 minutes) and I paid the lady (more than I've ever paid for a haircut) we headed to Chick fil A for lunch. I noticed in the restaurant that the cut was quite short, but didn't think much about it until Dave got home from work.

Now, let me say that my husband is awesome and hardly ever has an opinion on things around the house, Savannah's clothes, or heaven help how our hair looks . . . I cut his hair so you know he really could care less about such things! However, he was quite opinionated last night about his dislike of Savannah's hair cut. I think it was more of a sadness than anything else that her hair was so short. I tried to tell him to relax that it would grow back quickly and then we could get my mom to cut it again. Even that he didn't like! "Don't you want to let it grow long?" he said. Well, actually no, but maybe we can think about it this winter, I told him. What I do know is that Savannah's hair will only be cut by my mom from now on!!

I think it's sweet how he really cares about little Savannah's hair and am glad that he can let me know what he wants her to look like, but I think we're going to have our hands full in a few years. Who will have the say on the haircuts then? Mommy? Daddy? or Savannah?

1 comment:

Donna said...

How cute! That's funny that Dave had an opinion, but I think it's a Daddy thing. When we had Caroline I wanted her to have short (shoulder length) hair. Roy wanted it long and was adament that we grew it out. Good thing she had lots of hair from the start!! Post an after pic. I didn't get a good look at it at Wee school.

Also, doesn't Doolittles cut hair so fast? We were there last week and we were in and out of there with 2 haircuts within 10 minutes!