THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lunch on a Toothpick

I have struggled for some time with getting Savannah to try new foods. Since September she's eaten the same three or four things EVERY DAY!! Every night I offer her what we're eating for dinner and every time she refuses with an emphatic "NO". I've also made it a habit to hit the sample domes on every trip to Harris Teeter just to see if she's interested in any new foods. On several occassions she's eaten some deli meat, but only in the store. Once I buy it and get home she again refuses to eat it. Today, however, I outsmarted the little bugger. While shopping for groceries, I noticed that there was some ham on sale again, but no samples available. I nicely asked the deli associate if we could try some and he kindly sliced us a couple of pieces. (I know he's thinking we just want a free lunch as everyone knows how ham tastes!) I offered it to Savannah and she refused. As I'm standing there wondering what in the world made this ham different than other kinds that she's eaten from the sample domes before, I realized it was all in the presentation . . . she likes to eat from a toothpick. I again kindly asked the deli associate for a favor, this time a toothpick. I'm sure now he really thinks I'm nuts!! I put the ham on the end of one, and she eats it right away. Let's just say we ate lunch on a toothpick today. I'll do anything to get her to eat something other than peanut butter sandwiches and chicken nuggets! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good for you-great detective work!
all the kids receipe books say it's all in the presentation. so now --- do you have coupons for toothpicks :)
see ya soon dad/deb