THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Commercial for Oxi Clean

Well, after a very restless night Savannah woke up this morning with quite a surprise for us . . . a bed full of thrown up blueberries. That's right, blueberries smashed in the sheets, rubbed in the bumper guards, smeared on the spindles and headboard, dabbed on every stuffed animal in the crib, and lets not forget the pajamas that were also stained a nice purpley color. All of Savannah's bedding is white so I just knew it would be permanently stained. It was such a big area that I couldn't even soak the stuff in the sink so I just filled up the washer, put all of the stained pieces in, threw in several scoops of Oxi Clean, and prayed for the best. After quite some time of collecting the pieces of food and cloroxing the bed I went to check on the load in the washer. To my surprise, a lot of the purple had come out, but there was still quite a big stain of blue on the bumper guard. So, I threw in a few more scoops of Oxi Clean and also used our favorite Stain Stick over the area and let it soak another hour or two. Finally after 3 hours of soaking I pulled it out and could barely find the place where the stain had been. Whew. There is still a small discoloration, but nothing like it was originally. This stuff works wonders!!!

I'm not sure what happened during the night and can only guess that maybe the blueberries that she ate were just bad because she only had them in her lunch yesterday at WEE school and none since then. Plus, everything else she ate stayed down. Very interesting. Anyway, she seems fine now and is driving us both crazy with hiding things, her new favorite activity. She hid her bib this morning and then, an hour later, is crying for "B". We search the house over and Dave finally finds it hidden in the oven of her play kitchen!!! She's going to make me crazy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

from a woman's point of view what better place to hide something than in the oven-something men never use :)
could she be allergic to blueberries? i guess you won't know unless she eats them again. glad you got the stains out. oxiclean is a good stain remover although their commercials are annoying to me-that man's voice makes me want to change the channel:)!
have fun playing hide/seek with the princess deb/dad

Donna said...

Hey, you should write Oxi-clean and give them your story! I've done that in the past and have gotten coupons and other freebies from companies! You'd be GREAT at that!!! I'm glad everything came out:)