THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Farewell to George

Dave woke me early this morning to tell me the sad news that our beloved fish died last night. Now normally it wouldn't be that big of a deal for a fish to die, but we've had George for over 3 years and we adopted him from Jamen when he was over a year old . . . that calculates to a long, 4+ year life for our beta fish, George.

I think the loss will be hardest for Dave as he always counted George as part of our family. He even insisted that we put George's picture along with the family pictures on our return address labels last year for Christmas. Silly I know, but this is also the man that also would let George kiss his finger. It drove me crazy and I would always say "Dave, get your fingers out of the fish bowl!!!", but he just enjoyed watching the fish practically jump out of the bowl to nip his finger.

George had a long, healthy life filled with love from our family. He will definitely be missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about george. he spent his time in the best "fish house" around. i know dave will miss him. how about a georgette?
deb/dad

Donna said...

hahahah! That was a hilarious post! I do remember your Christmas labels now that you mention it. There was a fish on it!! Tell Dave I am sorry for his loss. At least they are cheap and you can buy another, right?