THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Celebration" Part Two

Well, the afternoon was going pretty well with lots of cards and packages arriving in the mail . . . then Savannah woke up. She felt really hot so I decided to try to take her temperature. Let's just say that it didn't work. As the thermometer quickly read 102.8 I took it out before it gave me a true reading. She was screaming and absolutely nothing I could do would calm her down. I tried everything. Finally, I went next door to Mrs. Marlene's house again and got her opinion. She said that I needed to take her to the doctor. So, you guessed it, trip #24 to the doctor. Just as we were getting ready to leave Dave showed up home early from work. There is no way that I could have handled her on my own yesterday afternoon. Dave was just planning to take the afternoon off to be with me for my birthday and had no idea that his help and support was needed, until he arrived home.

When arriving at the doctor's office her temperature was 102.5 with motrin in her. The doctor said that she had some type of virus, possibly roseola and it would have to run it's course. Well on the way home we were stuck in 5:00 traffic on Providence and Savannah was screaming her head off. Finally she just started spouting all over the place. I did all I could to pull the car off the road so we could get her out and try to calm her down. Everything and everybody was covered and there we stood on Providence Rd with a crying baby. By this time I was balling too. Praise the Lord that Dave was with me.

We got home, bathed her, and tried to put her to bed to which she screamed and got all worked up again. When we got her up she again threw up everywhere all over me and the carpet. I called the nurse because nothing was calming her down. She suggested Benadryl so by this point Savannah had a dose of Tylenol, Motrin, and Benadryl in her. Finally she cried herself to sleep around 11pm and only woke a couple of times during the night. I must have sounded pretty panicked as the doctor's office called this morning to check on us!


Through all of this, I actually had forgotten all about my birthday . . . until Dave pulls out a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake and my gifts. He is amazing. I'm not kidding at all. He's not only my strength and support during times like these, but he goes above and beyond. When I saw the gift of one house cleaning I burst into tears, real tears, sobbing and all. I am just beyond exhausted, mentally and physically and it was the perfect gift. After my sob session was over, I dug right into that cake. Later Dave said he wanted to take a picture of me with the cake (oops, guess I should have waited for that piece of cake). He had bought special candles, lit them, and even sang happy birthday.


In the midst of what seems like a crisis Dave is always there for me. What in the world would I do without my incredible husband? Thank you Lord for providing me with Dave.

Here is Savannah drinking her milk this morning. She is exhausted and has found a way to drink it without having to hold the bottle! Smart buger!!


She's also played LOTS with one of her new books mommy got from her friend Jennifer. Thanks Jen, she loves it!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Chrystal! I cannot believe what you and Dave have been through with Savannah lately!! I feel so badly for y'all. I'm glad you found out what is bothering her, though. I hope today was better and I hope she sleeps through the night for you:( Sorry your birthday was so crazy!