THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, August 13, 2007

The Birthday Celebration

Last night Dave and I had the awesome opportunity to go to dinner ALONE for my birthday. My mentor, Laura, and her husband, Stuart, volunteered over a week ago to come and watch Savannah for us so we could go out to eat. What a treat!! After dinner, we prolonged the evening by just driving around the growing area near our house here in Charlotte.

The celebration ended quickly though as it was a rough night in our house. I was up most of the night with the little one. I'm not sure if she's teething or what, but I ended up "sleeping" on the floor of the nursery so Dave could get some sleep for work. Every two hours she would wake up screaming . . . I thought the problem was a diaper rash that she had when we put her to bed. Maybe, I thought, the wet diaper was irritating the rash so every 2 hours, after she finished screaming, I would calmly get her out of bed, change her diaper, and put her right back to bed. A risky task, but thankfully each time she'd go right back to sleep. As of 5:45 this morning she was up for good though with no diaper rash to be found. Whew. I'm pretty exhausted to say the least.

Anyway, shortly after she woke up for good this morning Dave came upstairs to volunteer to watch her for awhile so I could get a little sleep. Then he surprised me with breakfast in bed. What a treat after the long night I had. It was extra special because he had to get up around 4 this morning to get everything ready and had already made a special trip to the grocery store just to buy the stuff he wanted to make. What an awesome husband. He was bummed that Savannah sort of ruined the morning, but I still felt special as he delivered my breakfast on a tray. Although the baby was screaming downstairs, I thoroughly enjoyed my morning breakfast in bed, alone, in front of the TV (which didn't have Praise Baby playing)!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chrystal!!! I hope its a good day.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
we hope your special day has been all you want it to be and savannah has been good all day. we're glad you and dave had some grown up time to celebrate, i'm sure that made you b-day extra special.

see ya soon--kiss princess for us

love ya dad & deb

Donna said...

I had no idea it was your birthday! I get the bad friend award! I hope you had a better afternoon:)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!