THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Grand Day

I'm excited to report that yesterday was a wonderful day . . . for me and for Savannah. We had a great morning starting with her drinking an entire bottle from her new sippy cup. Thanks Heather for the suggestion to use Nuby cups!! They are working great. I just decided that it was the day and we haven't used any bottles since. I know it's only been a little over a day, but I'm holding strong. She didn't like drinking her nightime milk last night from the cup, but she soon realized that it was that or nothing and drank most of it! :) YIPPEE!

Then I had a chance for a little ME time. My sweet friend Elizabeth volunteered to keep Savannah so I could drive uptown to visit with Jessica, who just had a baby. What a special time to be able to see baby Kathryn ~ she's SO beautiful and tiny ~ it almost makes me think about having another baby. It was so nice to get out for awhile without Savannah and to know that she was having the time of her life playing with her friend Jack. Here is a couple of pictures of them. They're too cute together, but boy are we in for some trouble!



Finally, the day wrapped up with our Bible study group. I so cherish these girlfriends and honestly don't know what I would do without them. I LOVE ALL OF YOU GIRLS!! All in all it was a grand day. Thank you Lord for showing me today how blessed I am and for giving me a truly awesome day.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I am glad that you had a good day - it sounds like you were due for one. I am glad that the sippy cup worked for you.

Donna said...

I'm glad you had a good day, Chrystal. Those are the best kind of days:) Maybe that good day came on the same day you had a thought about having another baby for a reason?!

Anonymous said...

we're glad you got to have some time for yourself and little princess had some play time. it sounds like you both needed it since the charleston trip wasn't so great and the first part of this week wasn't either. wish we were closer so we could help more, especially if you're thinking about a full time play mate for savannah! :) love ya'll
deb and dad