THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sweet friends

Today was a neat day as I visited my old workplace, South Charlotte Middle. Not much has changed around there, even with my absence ~ HA! This I quickly became aware of as I entered the building and within 30 seconds had already heard the phrase "geometry scores" from Ms. Waggoner. I once again was called into the conference room to meet with the principal, only this time I knew it wasn't because a parent was complaining.

Here's the dilemma . . . they want me to come back and substitute next year while a teacher is on maternity leave. At first I have to admit that I was not only honored, but excited at the idea of really teaching in a classroom again. This was one area where I have always had a lot of confidence and felt like I was respected from colleagues and parents too. However, with substitute pay I don't think it's even enough to cover a babysitter, not to mention pay for the work I would be doing! Well, it's something to think about anyway.

It was still great to see many old friends that I go way back with. Some I had worked with even before Dave and I knew each other. Beth has been there for me through dating, wedding planning, marriage, baby planning, and now raising children. There are days that I really miss everyone there and the drama that goes along with teaching in CMS, but then I pinch myself and realize I'm living the dream here at home.

No comments: