THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, June 02, 2022

Preston's NJHS Induction


I am SO proud of this kid!  I'm not going to lie, it was a battle getting him to apply and write the essay for NJHS, but he did a great job.  There were several components including service, scholarship (verified grades), essay, and extracurricular stuff but he did it!  Not only did he get in, but they asked him to do one of the speaking parts for the ceremony (the only 6th grader asked to help).  It was quite the honor!  We were both a little nervous about the scripted speech because it has the long-dreaded "world" word in it, but he said it perfectly!  All those years of speech therapy paid off. :)  So tonight I was one proud mama of my little peanut.



Just as a side note so I can always remember . . . he threw a FIT about having a speaking part.  I was on the phone when he came home from school with the news and he was literally screaming about how he didn't want to do it.  Savannah was like "well why didn't you just say no thanks?" which made him even madder "WHAT?  I didn't know that was an option?"  LOL  It all worked out in the end, but for two days all he did was complain that he had to be part of the ceremony!


 

No comments: