THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Sunday, August 23, 2020

My Sweet Grandma, A Life Well Lived

 


Today my precious grandmother arrived at Heaven's gate.  My heart just aches as I think about how much I'll miss her, but what a joy it is to know that she is reunited with Pawpaw!  

She was truly a woman of God who taught me so much . . . not just through words, but by watching her in action.  She loved on everyone so well.  I think back to some of my earliest memories of spending the weekend at her house when she was caring for her mom across the street.  We spent a lot of time checking in on her and baking for others too.  She kept a spotless house (I think my OCD about this came from her) and was a fantastic southern cook.  There were always treats to be found and funny stories to be told.  I have so many memories that I will forever hold close in my heart.  My hope is that one day I can be as selfless and generous as she was. 

Savannah was trying to keep up with her classes as we traveled to Elon for her service.


No comments: