THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Saturday, February 08, 2020

A Wild Week of Firsts


This FIRST was at the end of our crazy week . . . Savannah has been waiting patiently for a time when she could use her new ATM/debit card.  Today was the first time she used her own card at the ATM and also to make a purchase in Harris Teeter.  She was over the moon excited.


Before today, our week was filled with insanely wild weather.  Last Sunday it was so warm kids were in short sleeves and playing outside.  On Monday I even wore shorts and short sleeves all day.  Then the temperatures started to drop.  Thursday we had a confirmed tornado right down highway 51, where I was driving through with three Shipt orders.  Yep, I drove right through the path of the tornado.  It was definitely a first for me, a stupid one, but honestly by the time I was on the road and realized what was happening I had no place to pull off.  Trees were down, light poles snapped off blocking traffic, power lines down, roads flooded. . . I just prayed a lot and went 6 miles an hour.  By the grace of God, I was able to make all of my deliveries safely.

Then on Saturday, it poured snow!  Again I was out doing Shipt and the snow just started pouring.  Unfortunately, it didn't stick, but it sure was pretty to see.  You just never know what the weather is going to be like these days.

No comments: