THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day 2018


Today has been a fun-filled day!  We started at church this morning and then enjoyed a nice afternoon at home.  I really wasn't into eating out or doing anything fancy . . and we had the best day spent just at home. After lunch I opened some very special gifts . . .


Preston's sweet hand made gifts from school.  Hilarious . . . I wish my favorite food was apples! But he knows me pretty well because he made a special to do list paper. :)


And then there is my sweet Savannah.  I had no idea she would use her own allowance money to buy me such special gifts.  On her Friday trip to the Promenade she carefully selected me the best card and a fan for my cellphone and then also gave me chocolate she bought with her own money.  Just to think that at a young age she cared enough to take her small allowance to surprise me with these gifts means so much.


After opening gifts we decided to take a long walk to the Exxon for slushies.  Boy was it HOT . . but I really wanted to get a walk in so everyone agreed to go!  Of course we stopped by CVS on the way to knock out an errand. LOL!


After getting back home and finally cooling off, we watched the movie Wonder.  It was fabulous!  What a great movie to watch on Mother's Day.  Then it was burgers on the grill and TCBY for dessert.  YUMMY!!! 

I'm so, so thankful for these 3.  Dave who loves and leads our family well (and puts up with my craziness) and these kids who have hearts of gold.  Not sure how I got to be so lucky, but never-the-less, I'm grateful!


No comments: