THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, May 21, 2018

Lost on a Sunday Walk


So it all started with our normal Sunday afternoon family walk . . . we opted to try out the Latin cross country trails since it's mostly shaded and a slight break from the sun and humidity here in Charlotte.  After walking for about 40 minutes in the woods we arrived at the school and decided to turn around instead of trying to figure out if there was a loop.

I'm not sure what went wrong, but apparently we took a wrong turn and ended up far, far away from where we started.  I thought we were on the wrong side of the creek, so we tried to cross over thinking we could just get to the street (since we finally were close to houses).  It started with a small slip on the rocks by Savannah.  That made me nervous so I grabbed Preston as he tried to cross the rocks in the creek.  Well he went down and took me with him . . . only I was literally stuck in a muddy hole in the creek!  Once Dave pulled us both out, we ran like mad through a strangers yard and ended up in a neighborhood we had never seen before.

By this time panic was starting to set in as we needed to be home in 40 minutes for the cable guy to arrive.  We literally had no idea where we were, but thankfully I had my phone and we were able to pull up Waze. Only then we discovered it was a 2 mile walk from where we were.  oops!  So I started to brainstorm ways to get home quicker, and decided it would be best to just call a friend to come pick us up.  Laura came to our rescue as it just happened she was passing by on the main road and was able to pick us up in 2 minutes.  What an adventure; according to the kids, just another thing to file away in our book of "adventures with mom".

No comments: