THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Rest (I mean Party) Well Sweet Julie

Senior year in high school ~ all snowed in at my house
Today was a hard day, yet bittersweet in so many ways.  My sweet friend, Julie Hall Holt, went to be with Jesus on Sunday night after a hard courageous battle with cancer. She will always be remembered as being sassy, witty, and truly the life of every party.  She made her presence known and was just one of those people you loved being around.  We graduated high school together and then headed to ASU together where we were in the same dorm.  

A fun night out at ASU

I have so many fun memories shared with Julie, one of which Marie reminded me of today.  When the blizzard of  '96 hit and we were all snowed in at my house we decided to take turns doing each other's hair in my mom's shop.  Someone had a little mishap washing Julie's hair and she ended up soaked!  I'll never forget how she stood up screaming and was soaking wet!  Fun times!

20th high school reunion last year
There are so many ways Julie touched my life.  Although my heart breaks for her family, especially her 2 young kids, I rejoice in knowing she is safe in the arms of Jesus having the party of her life now.  It makes me long to join her and my mom, because I know they are having one serious party together! 

As a side note, I was also reminded just how amazing my mom was. . . I mean who on earth rejoices when about 10 high school girls get snowed in at your house?  Oh if I had just an ounce of her carefree, loving, generous spirit . . .

I'll see you both soon.  Until then, Julie keep my mom laughing!

No comments: