THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Sunday, October 23, 2016

20th WAHS High School Reunion



Where has time gone?  I mean seriously, did I really graduate TWENTY years ago?!?  I was so thankful to be able to attend my high school reunion on Saturday night.  It was wonderful to see the friends that I've known forever and catch up with so many that I literally haven't seen since we graduated.  For the most part everyone looked *similar* and still acted the same. :)  It's odd in a way being around the group that was my core for so long . . . as life has changed and taken us all down different paths now.  Many memories were shared, cherished times with my sweet mama and all of the sleepovers we had at our house, trips to the beach in the summer, and many more fun adventures we had throughout high school  I laughed so much that my temples were literally throbbing by the end of the night.


I left refreshed and thankful.  Thankful that God has been gracious to me in that I haven't endured so many hard things that others have.  From divorce to cancer to loneliness, it was all there.  I'm grateful for the path He led me down and for the family He's given me for sure.  As I reflected on the long (super late) car drive home I'm also very thankful for this group of friends and for our high school class.  We all were part of a certain group of core friends, but it wasn't that clicky like things are in schools today.  Although we had a small intimate group of friends, we were ALL still friendly to each other and knew each other well.  It was a fabulous night with dear friends for sure!



Trying out the adjustable bed at FLS on the way to the reunion
While we were partying it up, our kids were having a blast at Aunt Cherry's.  We had to stop by the furniture store to pick out Savannah's new big girl room furniture.  After selecting the perfect mattresses for us all, we headed out and the kids headed to dinner with Aunt Cherry.  They had a BLAST!  Pizza dinner, Celebration Station for games and prizes, and then Toys R Us to pick out a new game to play.


It was a super long day, but we all had a fabulous time and made tons of new memories!

No comments: