THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Season Openers for Running and Football


Today was my first race of the season!  Thankfully it was super close to home so everyone joined me for the morning fun.  While I was running Dave and the kids enjoyed taking some funny pictures.


 But it wasn't long before I crossed the finish line!  33:29 for my first 4 mile race of the season.  Definitely not my best time, but hey, for a season opener I'll take it.  I was 7th in my age group!


Melissa and I signed up for a pack of 6 races this year.  This is first one with the final one being a half marathon in October.  After these pictures I bribed the kids with a doughnut to get their picture taken with the Easter Bunny that was set up at the race.  It'll probably be the last picture I ever get of them with the bunny. :(


Then we headed home for some rest before going to Preston's first flag football game!  Their team did great and ended up tying at the end.  It was super hot and sunny but also a lot of fun to see him play a new sport.  There is certainly a learning curve for the flag football rules, but hopefully all the moms will eventually figure it out. :)  I'm not sure it'll be his favorite sport, but it's too early to know right now. I do have to say that seeing him on the field with a mouth guard and all made him seem SO much bigger and older and so not a baby anymore. Sniff Sniff



 Here's to a Spring filled with exercise and fun!  I'm just praying this weather is here to stay.






No comments: