THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, October 19, 2015

I DID IT! My First Half Marathon


Never in a million years did I imagine I would actually complete a half marathon . . . but this weekend I marked running a half off of my bucket list.  I even met my goal of completing it in under 2 hours!!!  I cried tears of joy in mile 12 realizing that it was going to happen, that I was actually going to be able to run 13.1 miles.  A huge thanks goes out to my running buddy and neighbor, Melissa, who made me realize that it was possible.  Another huge thanks goes to Dave, who let me train for weeks super early on Saturday mornings, getting up with our early risers to do breakfast while I was still out running.


I won't lie.  I was pretty stiff in my legs and sore in my rear all Saturday afternoon and some on Sunday, but it was totally worth it.  The question of the weekend was "will you do another one?"  And now that it's Monday, I think I can say that I will!!  Hopefully the next one will be a bit flatter though. :)


 Straight from the Rocktober half marathon we headed to our weekend soccer game.  It's always a joy to watch this energy jolt running up and down the field . . and at least I was able to sit for awhile. :)

No comments: