THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Saturday Event Craziness

This morning started bright and early with the Brixx 10k uptown.  It was actually a breather in my training for a half marathon, but still took a lot of energy!  Dave and the kids decided to come early with me so that they could cheer me through the finish line. What a fun morning with perfect running weather.
Run mommy run!
I did well and set a new PR for a 10k.  I finished in 52:40, 8th in my age group!  We all enjoyed the pre and post race festivities, including the kiddos.

Kai, Eli, Savannah and Preston there to cheer their mommies on!

Melissa, my running buddy, and me post race
It was a family fun event because I also registered the kids for a 1-mile fun run.  They did awesome too!  I'm pretty sure Preston was the first kid to finish and Savannah did great as well. 



After the post race fun settled down we loaded up and headed straight to soccer. Well, that was after a car wash mystery shop that was on the way home. ;)  Thankfully there was plenty of food at the race (pizza, pasta, bread, granola bars, bagels, bananas, etc) so no one was hungry until after Preston's first soccer game of the season.  They had a great time and he is already enjoying Monday night practice and game time on Saturdays.


We practically sprinted home so Dave could watch the 12:30 Clemson gave.  Whew!  What an exhausting day!!  Now I just have to get to work on my consignment tags . . ugh!

No comments: