THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Savannah's First Overnight Carmel Kidz Camp ~ Tabernacle


Okay, I had no idea how hard it would be to see the 5 charter buses pull out of our church parking lot . . . and I could never put into words just how it felt knowing that my child was going to a far-away camp for an entire week and would be completely in someone else's care. It was a very strange feeling indeed.  And I did well until I realized after getting back home that she left her lovey at home!!!  OH NO!  I went into panic mode and was up literally most of the night praying for her and that she would be okay without B.  After texting a few friends to pray I realized that there was a way to get it to her the next day!  Hooray!  Only, after I delivered it to a friend driving to camp, I got a text from Savannah's counselor saying that she didn't want the darn thing.  Back to retrieve B I went.  Anyway, once I started getting texts from camp and I could see all of the smiling faces I felt much better and knew that she was having a blast!

Savannah & Laney
Their sweet cabin
Devotion time by the lake
A bit of rain on the way to nighttime chapel

All of the girls in their group/cabin



Does she look tired of what?!?
Breakfast one morning
 To say that the week was amazing is an understatement based on the reports I received.  Savannah had such a wonderful time, built friendships, and learned a ton as she dug into God's word.  I am simply amazed at how much she learned and how much fun she had in the process.  However, she did say that she was excited to be home!

There she is!!  Finally home!!!
I'm not sure who was more excited to see her walk off of the bus, even daddy came for her arrival!  We made a sign and held it high as she pulled into the church parking lot.  She talked non-stop for a long time, but then I sent her to the shower and rest time.  She said she just wanted to read, but before I knew it she was fast asleep.  She slept for hours before we had to pick up Preston from camp . . . then off to dinner out to celebrate!

Welcome Home Savannah!!!



No comments: