THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Savannah & Preston's Family Birthday Party 2015

Sunday after church we hosted a family birthday party for our kids.  We had a simple lunch of Chick fil A nuggets, fruit and chips . . .but it was the Bruster's cake that we all couldn't wait to dig into. :)

Happy Birthday to my 6 and 9 year old!!
 We were so excited that Pawpaw, Uncle Mark, Grammy & Papa, Susan & the girls, and even Great Grandma made the trip to celebrate with us.  The kids loved opening all of their gifts and then proceeded outside to continue playing together.

Preston was pretty excited about his $5 from Uncle Mark and then another $5 from Great Grandma
One of my favorite pictures with my grandma!
I knew it wasn't far from happening, but around 2:00 Preston had a royal meltdown.  I didn't exactly set him up very well with two super late nights, poor eating, and tons of excitement, but he really fell apart and told everyone it was time for them to come inside and leave him alone.  Then, as he was coming in, he tripped and really scraped his knee pretty bad, which was the last straw. ;(  Everyone started packing up as I cleaned him up and sent him to bed.  It wasn't long before he was fast asleep . . and slept for several hours.

Yep, I knew this was coming . . . and long overdue!
All in all it was a super fun day and a super special treat to have everyone here to celebrate my two amazing children.  We are so grateful for our family that travel to visit and are always so generous with their time and gifts.

No comments: