THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015 in Greenville, SC

A few pictures from our quick photo shoot after lunch






After lunch we decided it was way too hot for us so we dissed the art festival.  I kicked off my shoes and had some sweet moments with the kids before loading in the car to head home.




After church on Sunday we ventured to Greenville, SC to have Mother's Day lunch with Dave's side of the family.  It was a sweltering hot day and when we arrived (after being stuck in traffic for over 20 minutes on one downtown street only to find out that the road was blocked off for a festival) we quickly discovered it was about to get hotter.  Our table of 10 was seated outside and the only seats left at the table were the 4 in direct sun.  I guess that's what happens when you're late.  Anyway, we managed to get some fans and enjoyed our trips into the air conditioned indoors each time we went to the buffet.  But afterwards when we headed to the art festival, the heat became unbearable . . or maybe it was my blistered feet that was unbearable . . . but either way we decided to head home rather quickly.

I thought I was doing well, but somehow the emotion of the day always catches up with me.  Even though this is my fifth Mother's Day without my mom here, it's still hard.  Actually, in some ways I think it's getting even harder as I realize just how much I took her for granted and how much she did for me growing up.  I guess it doesn't make sense until you're a mom or even until you've lost a mom, but all I can say is the pain is great.  The kids and Dave did their best to make it a special Mother's Day which ended with TCBY for dinner. :)

No comments: