THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Spring Break 2015 ~ Part One

Although we are staying in Charlotte this week, I'm trying to make it as fun as possible . . and still find some time to "rest". We started off with non stop activities!  On Monday the kids and I ventured to Carowinds for the first time this season.  A huge thank you to Grammy & Papa for our early birthday presents. :)  We rode everything we wanted with super short waits and I even rode the Woodstock Express for the first (and last) time.
Our first ride is usually the hot air balloons
A fun, quiet, relaxing train ride
And of course we always hit the carousel

Tuesday we decided to visit the SC Riverbanks Zoo.  We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.  It was not hot at all and the clouds kept it that way.  Again, it wasn't that crowded so we saw everything we wanted (except the gorillas that were hiding), had a picnic in the car, headed back in to try to see the gorillas one more time, hit the gift shop so the kids could spend their Easter money, and then headed home.  They were completely exhausted and slept most of the way home.





Today we had a low key morning and after lunch the kids went to Noah's Art camp for a few hours.  I had hoped to get my lesson plans done while they were out of the house, but I haven't even opened my book.  oops!  At least I've enjoyed a few hours of quiet and gotten a lot checked off of the list!

No comments: