THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, March 09, 2015

Weekend Fun ~ Hockey & Bike Riding

Our newest bike rider refused to let me take a picture so I had to sneak this one
We enjoyed a wonderful Saturday at home this weekend.  There was very little on the calendar which enabled us to put some chores aside and just enjoy the amazing weather outside.  I was able to go on my first outdoor run in a VERY long time and the kids soaked up the time to play outside too.  We even managed to get Savannah up and riding on her bicycle!!!  Hallelujah!!  She was so afraid but after seeing that she had mastered balancing on Preston's scooter for a long distance I was convinced she was ready for the big girl bike. ;)  Of course we had a bit of bike drama, (she said she couldn't ride it because it was broken so I loaded it up and took it to the bike shop to get checked out) but once it was all fixed she finally succeeded in riding it solo.  We are so proud of her!!  She is still learning to turn and get started by herself so there are still moments of pure frustration from her.  "I'm going to throw this bike away!" she says a lot, but once I told her I was going in because I'd had enough of her attitude she became a bit more determined.  We've told her that like anything else you have to practice more and more to get better so hopefully she'll continue to work on bike riding.

Sunday we all enjoyed a Charlotte Checkers hockey game.  It was another first for the kids and was quite entertaining I must say. Savannah won tickets to the game so we had awesome seats.  I wish we had done a bit of research on the rules of hockey, but we all had fun none the less.

So after a super fun-filled warm weekend we are getting ready for a rainy week . . . but a little taste of Spring was certainly welcomed in our house!

No comments: