THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Friday Night Pumpkin Patch & Saturday 10 Miler!!

Our weekend started off with some Friday night fun at the Hall Family Farm pumpkin patch.  We met the Annan family, who drove in from Charleston, there for some kid sized fun.  The kids went through the small corn maze and then we all enjoyed the big hay (tractor) ride.  Afterwards the boys went wild on the firetruck slide, tricycles, and just running crazy in general. :)

Cooper & Preston loved riding the tricycles all around the pumpkin patch
The duck race
Dave's favorite part is always these silly pictures

So we got home late and threw the kids straight into the bed.  We knew it was going to be a super early morning since the Chosen race started in Concord at 8am.  I have been training for weeks to prepare for my longest run ever, 10 miles!  Just seeing this little one all snuggled up bright and early made me realize just HOW worth it the training was. ;)

We love Baby Sam!!
I'd like to say that I had my best time ever, but actually the course was quite difficult.  There were tons of super steep hills, going both up and down.  Add in the dragway 3 times at the end (super boring) and I was ready to quit!!  But, I hung in there and managed to squeak in a time of 89:40, just under my goal. Woo hoo!


The kids race turned out to be a fun 50 yard dash instead of the mile run we thought so we made our own Baby Neal race for them.  These two did great and loved getting their run in too.  What a super fun way to spend our Saturday morning . . and for an amazing cause too.

No comments: