THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

WEE School Mother's Day Celebration

Today I was invited to Preston's class for a Mother's Day Celebration.  They did such a great job with all of the crafts and keepsakes . . and in preparation for the big party. 

Me with my precious Peanut
As the mothers came in we each were seated at our place with tons of keepsakes!  I had a special ceramic heart necklace, a place mat, a My Mommy story, flower pot with Preston's hand prints and a flower pen, and of course delicious treats. 

Preston's drawing of me
While we were enjoying our food we took turns guessing which was our picture from all of the class art on the wall.  Each child drew a picture of their mom and they were all taped on the wall in a beautiful display.  I had a hard time finding myself since the picture shows straight hair and green eyes. :) 

Two more precious pieces of art
As we were finishing our food, Miss Lisa read aloud the My Mommy sheets so we could try to guess who the mom was.  Some were pretty accurate, but I think Preston was a bit off on the age question.  I guess I don't look too bad for being 60 years old!  HA!  And yes, he's right about me running errands when he's in school.  Although I'm not sure my favorite thing to do is help Savannah with homework . . ??

Getting ready to sing Jesus Loves Me ~ Classic Preston pose
After enjoying our food and laughing at the kids thoughts about their moms, all of the kids went to the stage for a surprise.  They sang and signed "Jesus Loves Me" in MANDARIN CHINESE!  I was shocked that Preston knew all of the words and motions.  Very impressive!!
My FAVORITE gift!!
We also had these silhouettes of our precious children to take home.  As Preston's teacher pointed out, notice his mouth was open . . . but as we all know it usually is!
 
It was such a special morning for me.  I left feeling loved and proud to be Preston's mom!! 

No comments: