THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Saturday, June 01, 2013

The Color Run 2013

Before the run, all nice and clean
Earlier this month I found a Groupon for a color run race in Charlotte.  We decided to make it a family event and let Savannah try her first official "race".  I have to say it was a new experience for me trying to just enjoy the run and not race as hard as I could, but it was fun none the less.  At first it was comical how Preston was so concerned about getting dirty.  He actually cried when he got hit with his first burst of color as we were waiting to start, but it didn't take long for him to figure out that it was more fun the messier you got! 

Savannah did great and ran about 1/2 of the race and I pushed the double jogger with both kids when she needed to take a rest.  Although the beginning was SUPER slow because we were in the back of the crowd, we still ended up finishing in just under a 10 minute mile pace pushing them both in the stroller!  I'd like the say the clean up was just as much fun, but it took us awhile to get the laundry done and kids scrubbed clean.  (I still have blue paint stains all on my upper leg!)


After the color run!!

No comments: