THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Saturday, December 08, 2012

One Last Rock

As soon as we decided to get Preston a big boy bed I put his current furniture on Craig's list.  Little did I know the rocker would sell within a day.  Thankfully, the lady that came was very pregnant and said that her husband was out of town for a week.  She wanted to know if she could pick it up when he was back in town.  Perfect!  So we've had a week to warn Preston that his nighttime rocks were coming to an end . . . and a week for me to realize that my little boy is not going to be sitting in my lap every night for "more rock". 

Last official rock with daddy
Dave and I had a routine that we alternated nights to rock Preston.  The time spent with Preston was very different for each of us.  Preston and Dave started a tradition of calling each other food.  I know, it's pretty random, but I loved hearing their conversations as I was working on the computer . . . "hi peanut butter cracker", "Hi, banana ice cream with cool whip, pickles, and crackers" were some of the many random things they would call each other.
Many, many nights we've said our bedtime prayers just like this
Mamas final rock with Peanut
My rocks with Preston were generally filled with singing songs and talking about our favorite parts of the beach or Disney.  Although it will be nice to be able to just put Preston to bed and not go through the drama of rocking, singing, etc I have to say that I just might miss our snuggle time.  My baby is growing up! :(

1 comment:

deborah said...

I think some of the best memories are made in those rocking chairs. I rocked Shane and Jackson until their feet almost touched the floor! lol