THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Happy Father's Day x 3

During the weekend before last we celebrated a very special occasion in addition to our kids birthdays . . .  we honored the dads in our family!  I wish I had some pictures to include, but unfortunately words will have to do for this post.

Dave ~ There really aren't words to describe how thankful we are for you!  Thank you for working so hard to provide for our family and then coming home to some restless, crazy, hungry little people and continuing to pour into the lives of our children.  I have seen you completely exhausted from work and still agree to play tag, carry kids "the silly way" upstairs, faithfully bathe the kids and then continue with bedtime stories and prayers.  Your gentle spirit and strong work ethic are amazing, and I'm beyond thankful that our kids are learning first hand what a godly dad looks like.  Their lives will forever be different because of the time, energy, and love you show them each and every day.

Dad Bachmann ~ Thank you for all that you have done to raise such an amazing son.  I see so many qualities in Dave that mirror the gentle, loving man that you are.  We so appreciate all of the vacations you've taken us on and the dinners out you've given us, but most importantly we are grateful for the example you've set for not only Dave, but our kids as well!  Oh, and we are thankful you never give up in playing quadruple solitaire too! :)

Dad ~ I am so thankful that I have been able to witness first hand what a hard working man looks like by watching you.  You continually work hard to provide lots of extras for us, even now as we are grown.  I know that if there is ever anything we need all I have to do is call and you'd do anything in your power to help!  I've learned so much about fixing things around the house by watching you and also by calling you and having you walk me through repairs over the phone.  You'll never know how much it means to me that you're always just a phone call away!

In the words of a kid, tell me why you love:

Daddy:  S ~ he plays with me, P ~ he's my friend, I miss him
Papa:  S ~  he plays a lot of games with me, P ~ he likes to eat with me
Pawpaw: S ~ he gives me money and takes me on golf cart rides, P ~ he gives me money

No comments: