THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

3 Things that made me smile . . .

When I was volunteering yesterday in Savannah's class, her teacher told me something funny Savannah did in school last week. She said that two boys made some comment to her as she was passing by during free choice time. Mrs. Hindman said that after hearing them, Savannah stopped in her tracks, turned around to them, and with her little head cocked back said "I'm watching you boys" then turned right around and kept on going. Later I asked Savannah about the incident and she said that they were saying something about how they hated Clemson ~ she was sporting her "new" pink Clemson sweatshirt at the time. Mrs. Hindman's comment to me was "Watch out boys. She's the perfect combination of sharp and beautiful too."

Preston loves his play therapist. She only comes every other week, alternating with our speech therapist, but as soon as she leaves he's already asking for her to come back. It's adorable to hear him say "I pay wif Audey, mommy". I'm not sure who I like more, the play therapist that HE loves or the speech therapist that has worked wonders in just two sessions. Either way, I'm smiling at his progress!!

With the Christmas season comes lots of chances to sort of bribe our kids into behaving well. I know it's awful to do, but we are holding Santa gifts over their head like no other. I figure as long as we aren't flat out lying to them, they're going to know in only a few quick years that the magic of Santa isn't real so we're enjoying it for now. :) To help us monitor behavior we have Cookie, our elf, always watching. We also have a small stuffed figurine of Santa on our hearth. Preston has decided that every day he needs to pay Santa a visit just to make sure he remembers that special gift on Preston's list. So, at least once a day I'll find Preston on his knees in front of Santa saying "San Cause, I wan bike to ride ouside. I wan red bike, San Cause." I have it on video, but have to remeber to grab my camera today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kudos to savannah for standing up for herself and the teacher has it right - she is sharp and Beautiful! it so cute that Preston talks to santa - he's being double sure that santa has no doubt as to what he wants for Christmas. can't wait to see a picture
love ya'll see ya soon! deb