THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Happy Happy Birthday Grandma!!



This past weekend we surprised my grandma with a birthday party to celebrate her 80th birthday! It was such a special day for a very special woman. When she arrived home and walked in her front door we all (about 40 people) yelled "surprise" and I thought she was going to faint. She almost cried and then was just shaking.

Just walking in and wondering what in the world was going on!

There are so many special things about my grandmother, but probably the thing that stands out in my mind the most is what a servant she has always been. She is always the first to bake a pie to deliver to someone, visit friends and family that are shut in, and do whatever she can to help others. When Pawpaw was alive she would always have his meals ready and even if he was working in the yard she would have a glass of ice waiting for him. I think the only time I ever saw them argue was over who was going to vacuum (they both were willing to do it).

I had the privilege of growing up in her backyard and spending just about every weekend at her house. There are so many good memories that I will cherish forever. She continues to lead a life that not only sets an example for us to follow, but also a life that makes the Lord smile. I pray that when I turn 80 I'm as happy, healthy, and loving as she is.


Look at the joy in her face watching the great grandkids blow out her candles!


This little boy sure enjoyed his cake!



Maddie and Savannah



Happy, Happy Birthday Grandma. We love you!!



Deborah, Dad and all of the grandkids







No comments: