THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom

Yesterday was the day we would have celebrated my mom's 59th birthday. In honor of her, we all decided to meet at her church where we dedicated the alter flowers in memory of her. I know it was just as she would have loved it . . . her entire family, including noisy grandchildren, all in two pews. We sang some of her favorite hymns, The Old Rugged Cross and Amazing Grace, and had communion. It could not have been a more appropriate way to remind me what an amazing gift Christ gave by dying so that my mom could live in Heaven, so that I could be with her forever. There are still days this life seems like a dream, like someone else's life, but as a Christian I have the promise of eternal life with her. I miss her so much ~ her calls, hugs, and nurturing nature, but how amazing it is to know I will have them again one day.
We love you mom!!

1 comment:

laurie said...

This post is absolutely precious! I know her birthday was hard, but it was so neat to see how you celebrated your mom. Love you bunches!