THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

When It Rains, It Pours

Just when I felt like things were under control: house cleaned, last load of laundry in the dryer, dishwasher running, workout completed, showered, kids fed and in bed, and mail sorted, things begins to pour . . . literally! I was putting the last load in the dryer when I heard this faint water running sound. I quickly thought that maybe Savannah had awoke from her nap and gone potty; sometimes her toilet flapper hangs and causes the water to run continually. Mommy is the pro at fixing that, so I went in and fixed it - or so I thought. I went back downstairs and started to put something in the fridge when I realized there was water EVERYWHERE. I looked up and sure enough it was pouring from the recessed light in the ceiling! I immediately called the home warranty company, which assured me they would escalate the claim since it was causing secondary damage. Guess when they're coming?? TOMORROW!!! I called my dad, the expert, and he assured me as long as the water to the toilet was turned off and that it was no longer pouring from the ceiling I should be okay until tomorrow. Ahhhhhh!!! Who has time for this when I need to be fixing the computer security that now says it's at risk???!!!

No comments: